Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nina

My apologies for the delay. It's been difficult to find time to deal with blogs while taking care of and getting to know this child. She still won't speak-I'm pretty sure she can't, to be honest. She also doesn't seem to have any particular preference to a name, so I've decided to call her Nina, since she's vaguely Hispanic looking and the word for 'girl' in Spanish is niƱa.

She seems to like it well enough, and we've been getting on pretty well. She's the sweetest thing, and very helpful. I'm pretty sure she's a runner kid, she knows what I'm talking about when I mention the monster, though thankfully we haven't seen him since she showed up. It's been very quiet, really, so we've just been spending time together and trying to get to know each other, which is harder than you might think, with the lack of talking and all. At least I know she understands what I'm saying.

6 comments:

  1. She sounds adorable.

    -Raggedy and Mira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything the two of you require which you can't easily obtain at the present time? I may be able to be of assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she Hispanic? Does she speak English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't speak at all, but she looks Hispanic. Why?

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... I use to be able to communicate in flaunt Mute... try tapping on both of her shoulders when she doesn't realize you are there three times in rapid succession.

    ReplyDelete